(Show Notes and Links at bottom of the page)
Warren Heir & Scott Johnson from the Ma Ma Tried Motorcycle Show and Larry Way from the Milwaukee World of Wheels Car Show
Warren Heir & Scott Johnson
Ma Ma Tried’s Flat Out Friday
Friday, February 17th Doors open @ 5 pm, racing @ 7 pm
Flat Out Friday is an indoor, flat track, motorcycle race on a Dr. Pepper soda syrup surface. The dried syrup will allow the bikes to stick to the floor for maximum traction and speed. Mama Tried Show is a weekend indoor invitational showcasing the best honest, homebuilt, and unusual race and street motorcycles from the Midwest and beyond. 11 classes of motorcycles will be competing in Flat Out Friday.
BMO Harris Bradley Center, 1001 North 4th Street, Milwaukee, WI
Ma Ma Tried Motorcycle Show
Saturday, February 18th 10 am to 10 pm
Sunday, February 19th
Mama Tried Motorcycle Show is an indoor invitational founded for one reason: to connect motorcycles, builders, fans, and riders in the heartland and beyond. Keeping the fire stoked all winter long. Mama Tried Motorcycle Show features over 100 motorcycles from builders of all calibers—flat-tracker, hill climber, chopper, and bar hopper.
126 South 2nd Street, Milwaukee, WI
Ma Ma Tried’s Slippery Sunday Motorcycle Ice Racing
Sunday, February 19th 9 am load in, 1 pm racing
McKinley Marina Milwaukee Lakefront, 1750 North Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI
World of Wheels – Milwaukee, WI
Friday, February 24th, 3 to 10 pm
Saturday, February 25th, 10 am to 10 pm
Sunday, February 16th, 10 am to 6 pm
NOTE: Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio’s Captn’ Bob and Arlo will be there all weekend.
Wisconsin State Fair Park, 640 South 84th Street, Milwaukee, WI
Podcast Notes and Links:
Arlo needs to get his voice checked as he is beginning to sound like Aunt Bee.
Our good buddies the Ring Brothers were on the recent Battle of the Builders on Velocity Channel.
Larry Way from Championship Auto Shows
Larry Way from Championship Auto Shows called in to talk about the 55th O’Reilly Auto Parts Milwaukee World of Wheels February 24-26. 250-275 vehicles including semis, motorcycles and all kinds of cars. NASCAR star Mark Martin will be flying in his own plane to get here to hang out Saturday 12-2. WWE wrester Dean Ambrose will be there from 6-9 on Friday night. Austin and Ally TV show Laura Maran on Sunday 1-5. Extra special announcement, Larry and Captn Bob will be competing in the Pin-Up Contest Saturday at 7pm. The Pinstripe Legends will be painting up art and auctioning it off all weekend with the money going to Children’s Hospital.
Scott Aker from Quaker Steak and Lube called in about the Feb 22nd Mid Winter Bike night featuring the 4 On The Floor Band.
Warren Hire and Scott Johnson from the MaMa Tried Motorcycle Show
Warren Hire and Scott Johnson from the MaMa Tried Motorcycle Show, now on its 4th year, stopped by to chat. It will be running February 17-19
FlatOut Friday at the Bradley Center with indoor flat track racing. There will be Pro racing, Ladies, New bike, Inappropriate (Chopper), Open Primary, Briggs/12 inch etc. Friday night will also be the official pre-party at the Harley Museum. The unofficial pre-party will be at the Cactus Club.
Saturday and Sunday is the official show at 126 South Second Street Just south of the Amtrak station. It is an invitation only show with over 60 venders. Motorcycles are coming in from across the US and Canada with Choppers, Customs, Race Bikes etc. Jason from Sacred Steel will be there.
Slippery Sunday will be ice racing at the McKinley Marina weather permitting.
Upcoming Adventures of Captn Bob and Arlo that you can join in on:
- June 24th New Berlin Quaker Steak and Lube to Gateway Classics in Kenosha to check out the cars and have a box lunch then on to Great Lakes Dragway for fun runs and a catered dinner from Quaker Steak
- October 14th Middleton Quaker Steak to the EOK Resort to tour the cave and a box lunch. After that we are off to the Ring Brothers to hang out with Mike and Jim and dinner catered by Quaker Steak.
All of the Calypso lemonade sold in Wisconsin will be triggering a donation to the Wisconsin Make a Wish Foundation.
Upcoming guests :
- Colby Martin from SEMA will be talking about the RPM Act.
- Next week we will be talking to Jim Tolkan of the Auto Dealers Association of Mega Milwaukee and Bob Bennet from Bennet Coachworks about the upcoming Milwaukee New Car Show where Bob will be displaying restored and modified cars.
- April is Child Abuse Month Bikers against Child Abuse and we will be talking to the local chapter.
- Kevin Flood from the UK, another international listener will be calling in soon to let us know how hot rodding is going over there.
- Jonathon Klinger from Hagerty Insurance will be on to talk about his upcoming trip to Cuba.